The Instructional Designer supports our client, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in providing training and outreach support to optimize the agency’s development of curriculum and instruction delivery related to grants management. Training is provided in multiple modalities including instructor-led training, hybrid delivery, and within virtual environments. The Instructional Designer will materially participate in the development of training resources such as e-learning modules, webinars, videos, interactive media, and other training materials for students and instructors. The Instructional Designer will be an expert in developing online multimedia for public sector (Governmental Agencies) clients with demonstrated success in creating highly engaging, innovative, and interactive training. This position is a hybrid role primarily working remotely, with potential client engagement activities in Washington D.C. and Emmitsburg, MD.
- Develop curriculum and training asset production projects and other interactive and eLearning resources on the primary topic of grants management.
- Assist with the development of an independent study, web-based system training environment.
- Serve as a resource communicating with the client regarding training projects.
- Develop multimedia training resources and other development resources on larger-scale projects.
- Design and produce training tools, such as printable job aids, quick reference guides, and training guides.
- Develop and edit 508 compliant eLearning training videos using software.
- Write/copyedit ILT, vILT, and WBT scripts to assist in delivering effective learning content.
- Assist with training deliveries in virtual, hybrid, and in-person environments.
- Apply 508 compliance standards in the development of all materials.
- Complete quality assurance reviews to ensure resources meet all requirements and are without errors before delivery.
- Learn and apply customer needs/business knowledge to ensure client satisfaction of delivery outcomes.
- Adhere to the Agile design process to develop training modules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years of experience (5 years with advanced degree), with demonstrated success in instructional design field
- Verifiable experience in training, material development, and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and instructors to interpret content and find instructionally sound and visually appealing ways to convey content to learners
- Experience in managing multiple simultaneous development projects and coordinating deliverables from various stakeholders including subject matter experts, instructors, and project managers
- Familiarity in eLearning content development software, including but not limited to: Storyline 360, Vyond, and Captivate
- Demonstrated competency with Adobe Creative Suite products including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro
- Demonstrated competency with ILT/vILT PowerPoint development
- Verifiable experience with the Agile Instructional Design Process
- Proficiency in the use of file-sharing, word processing software, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Planner and/or Project
- Experience with the file sharing platforms – SharePoint
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
This position requires candidate to be eligible for a DHS Public Trust Clearance
- Familiarity with federal grants management
- Federal government and/or management consulting experience preferred
- Experience with voice recording and video editing
- Proficiency with 508 compliance standards