Our client, an automotive parts manufacturer located in the Skokie/Evanston area, seeks an experienced HVAC technician and electrician.
• Install and repair industrial electrical systems; assist in maintaining and troubleshooting industrial HVAC system.
• Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specification to determine layout and completion of electrical equipment installations, maintenance and repair.
• Maintain electrical equipment and manufacturing machinery to meet regulatory codes.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment or components to identify hazards, defects or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Ensure preventative maintenance for electrical/electronic equipment is current and documented.
• 3 years of proven industrial electrical experience.
• Ability to use manual and powered hand tools, as well as electrical test equipment.
• Basic understanding, troubleshooting, and experience with Mechanical Systems.
• Experience operating forklifts and other lifts.
• Licensed electrician preferred.
• Knowledge on basic industrial machinery maintenance preferred.
• Driver''s license required.
• Can be on call if needed for facility issues.
• Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations.
• Ability to lift 35lbs.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Journeyman experience or apprenticeship program preferred.