Items in Job Cart:
Compare Cost of Living
How would you rate your online job search experience?
Development & External Affairs Assistant
To apply directly to this job, please click on the Apply button. To apply later, click on the Add to Cart button.
Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
30400-38000 per year
A key member of the Development & External Affairs team, the Development & External Affairs
Assistant will work collaboratively and creatively to increase awareness and support for the arts in
Brooklyn. This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role in developing audience and
donor base, and to be part of a hardworking team of creative and talented arts professionals who
are dedicated to helping and sustaining Brooklyn''s cultural sector. The role includes
responsibilities around donor tracking and acknowledgement (including database management);
donor engagement such as board communications and special events planning and execution
(including virtual); supporting website, social media, virtual programs, and email communications
platforms; solicitation and stewardship of sponsors and in-kind donors; and other areas pertaining
to donor and audience cultivation and communications. The ideal candidate possesses an eagle eyed attention to detail; proven ability to multi-task and work independently; strong
communication skills, including comfort speaking with donors and board members; sensitivity in
navigating departmental intersections through the focused lens of an organizational mission;
Lead ongoing training and maintenance of Salesforce database and act as point person for office-wide Salesforce administration and support.
• Track and acknowledge all donations and related communications; maintain data in Salesforce.
• Assist in planning and implementing fundraising and special events including virtual events as well as - when we return to “normal” - exhibitions, ceremonies, boutique events, and our annual gala fundraiser and affordable art sale; taking the lead on artist and donor communications related to such events.
• Research and lead outreach to prospective sponsors and in-kind donors.
• Provide administrative support for liaising with board members, individual donors, government offices, and corporate partners. Communications/Marketing:
• Support marketing of programs/events and artist features, including design for related digital and print collateral. Work closely with Communications Manager and Program Manager to execute real-world and virtual programming, specifically graphic design assets.
• Collaborate with Communications Manager to coordinate direct communications, including s E-News and News & Opportunities newsletters; support graphic design on these projects.
• Ensure staff and grantees adhere to brand kit specs in their public messaging and visual design.
• Assist with/support Communications Manager on online/social media management (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, YouTube), with a focus on blog and social media posts about individual artists and ongoing programs.
• Collaborate with Communications Manager and Program Manager
• Participate in management, updating, and maintenance of website and digital asset collection.
• Participate in bi-weekly to monthly meetings with Communications Manager and Program Manager to calendar and brainstorm collateral and messaging for future events.
• Undertake other tasks/projects as needed. Desired Skills & Expertise:
• At least two years of experience within a cultural organization or similar entity, including communicating and interfacing with the public.
• Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a small organization with limited resources.
• Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills as well as an eye for design.
• Superior attention to detail, interpersonal skills, patience, and sense of humor.
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, and adjust priorities as competing projects vie for attention; as well as to seek help from supervisors when needed to complete tasks.
• Background, expertise, and strong interest in database administration; familiarity with Salesforce strongly preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with web-based special events and auction platforms a plus.
• Knowledge of web content management systems and HTML, as well as proficiency in MS Office; experience with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically InDesign and Photoshop), or willingness to learn all of the above.
• Strong appreciation of and interest in the arts and knowledge of Brooklyn.
Tuesday - Sep. 22, 2020
© 2001 - 2020 JobsExcite.com - All Rights Reserved.