Brookdale Lake View 3121 N. Sheridan Road Chicago, IL 60657
Job #: HRDNEchiIL37170
Human Resource Director / Director of Financial Services. This positions is responsible for HR: recruiting, hiring, training, retention, payroll, benefits and DFS: A/R, A/P, Resident Accounts, Collections, reconciles monthly financial statements. Some weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Provide general guidance and interpretation to associates and managers on company human resources policies, procedures and practices
* Advise management regarding hiring decisions, equal employment opportunity, employee relations, compensation, benefits, OSHA and health/safety issues
* Manage recruitment activities for assigned community(s), including sourcing, interviewing, hiring and orienting new employees
* Investigate, oversee, and resolve or refer complex associate issues to the corporate office, in accordance with company policies
* Serve as primary contact with payroll in investigating and resolving pay issues and in interpreting corporate payroll policies
* Maintain employee relations records and prepares statistical reports concerning staffing and employee relations
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor''s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field from a four-year college
* Two years of related experience and/or training
* Certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR) is preferred; or desire/willingness to acquire
* Strong computer skills and experience in working with spreadsheets and databases
* Flexibility with schedule
If you''re a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.