Atlantic Avenue Business Improvement District mission statement: Representing nearly 400 businesses in Brooklyn''s vibrant Brooklyn Heights, Boerum Hill and Cobble Hill neighborhoods, the Atlantic Avenue Business Improvement District (AABID) is dedicated to promoting the Avenue''s long-term economic development thereby creating a thriving boulevard that attracts both residents and visitors to its vast array of services, shops and dining, while preserving the Avenue''s rich history and diverse character.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to: (1) serve as the primary outreach contact for stakeholders along the Atlantic Avenue corridor; (2) perform administrative and project management tasks for the Atlantic Avenue BID. Preferably the person filling this position will speak and write Arabic fluently, and be able to translate between the two languages.
Engagement & Marketing specific duties:
Other job duties:
Minimum Education / Experience required:
● Bachelor''s degree (B. A. or B. S.)
● One year''s experience in conducting outreach/community engagement
● Extremely adept at social media, specifically knowledgeable of the newest features on Instagram
● Attention to detail and meticulous follow-through
● The flexibility to effectively handle shifting deadlines and priorities and to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Interest in working as part of a small team while maintaining ability to work independently with minimal supervision
● Comfort speaking to stakeholders of many different backgrounds, and a willingness to build relationships with them
● Ability to traverse the two-mile-long corridor multiple times per day.
● Ability to lift 20 lbs.
● Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required; experience using PowerPoint, Google apps, and MailChimp, a plus
● Background in office management, business improvement districts, economic development, small business assistance, and/or communications, a plus
● This is a 40-hour-per-week, non-exempt, salaried position
● Availability to work evenings or weekends once or twice a week to attend community events and/or meetings (varies week by week; flex time is available)
● The BID is offering a salary of $45,000 - $55,000 annually, with an additional cash stipend for employee to purchase health insurance on the health care exchange. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined by the employee''s relevant experience, education, and skills
● The BID also offers an employer match for retirement account contributions