Medical Staffing Solutions, USA an established federal government contractor seeks a part-time Oncology Registered Nurse to serve the military community and their families at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center located in Bethesda, Maryland.
What you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) Certification
- Current, unrestricted nursing license from any state
- Minimum five (5) years of RN experience within the last seven (7) years
- Experience in Radiation Oncology
- Current BLS certification
What you will do:
- Assist in the case management of cancer patients such as scheduling appointments and referrals, vascular access, and orders as appropriate for laboratory, radiology and pharmacy.
- Schedule referrals to other clinics, treatment facilities and ancillary services for total patient care. Assist in monitoring and counseling patients entering clinical trial protocols. Explain procedures and treatments to patients and significant others to allay apprehension and gain cooperation and support.
- Obtain initial health history of cancer patients, including obtaining recent hospital summaries, pathology reports, operation records, laboratory, radiological and pharmaceutical information related to patient encounters to screen for disease and surgical related problems.
* Full job description available
Please apply TODAY for immediate consideration!