Medical Staffing Solutions, USA has an excellent opportunity for an experienced full time Oncology Research Nurse to join our team at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center located in Bethesda, Maryland serving the military community and their families.
What you will do:
• Assist in the case management of cancer patients such as scheduling appointments and referrals, vascular access, and orders as appropriate for laboratory, radiology and pharmacy.
• Schedule referrals to other clinics, and treatment facilities.
• Obtain initial health history of cancer patients
• Provide specialized nursing care to oncology patients as a member of an interdisciplinary team
• Provide individual and family counseling for cancer patients
• Provide education on radiation therapy treatments and effects to other nursing care providers and clinicians
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
• Current Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification.
• Current unrestricted license to practice nursing in any one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
• Minimum of five years of RN experience within the preceding seven years with experience in radiation oncology.
• Skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
• Current CPR and ACLS certification through the American Heart Association
• Citizen of the United States
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Background and-or Security Investigation required