Items in Job Cart:
Compare Cost of Living
How would you rate your online job search experience?
To apply directly to this job, please click on the Apply button. To apply later, click on the Add to Cart button.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: A company that designs, manufactures and constructs a complete line of industrial cooling towers for the petrochemical industry, power plants, petroleum refineries, pulp & paper mills, steel factories, mining applications and the food industry.
POSITION TITLE: Project Manager
COMPENSATION: $80K - $90K base salary + commission + vehicle allowance
BENEFITS: Standard package
LOCATION: Houston, TX
SUMMARY: Responsible for projects in Houston/Gulf Coast area and other regions in the U.S.
DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establish a Project Management Plan for each approved project, defining the projects goals, objectives, risks, assumptions, staffing levels, roles and responsibilities, work breakdown structure, milestones, and deliverables.
• Manage Drawing/Design Development, Material Procurement / Delivery and Construction process through to invoicing in order to ensure successful completion of project on time and budget.
• Ensure all contractual issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner.
• Manage internal and/or external contractors or trades onsite as required.
• Coordinate Site Superintendents and project workforce needs with Construction Director.
• Plan all project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using Primavera P6 and/or PM methods.
• Track all project costs weekly and/or monthly to ensure completion within budget; evaluate any budget modifications necessary. Identify and resolve conflicts within design, purchasing, and construction.
• Interface with client representatives, architect representative, subcontractors, security, etc. as required.
• Manage trade contractor site meetings, RFI''s, invoices, and control document process.
• Observe that Work Safe Practices are being followed during site visits.
• Verify the accuracy of change orders and ensures change orders processed to completion.
• Perform additional assignments per Project Director''s direction.
• Some travel is required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• B.S., in Engineering or other discipline/technical certification.
• 1 year of direct work experience preferably in industrial construction project management. PMP designation holders are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Experience with Primavera P6 software an asset.
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
• A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques related to cooling towers.
• Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills.
• Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity.
• Knowledge of eCMS, Viewpoint, SAP, and/or JD Edwards would be considered an asset.
***PLEASE NOTE: We try to respond to everyone who applies for our jobs, but in periods of high activity it may not be possible. We hope we can personally help you find your new job and wish you success in your job search. For more information please email Sam Puente at email@example.com.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Plan
Friday - Feb. 22, 2019
© 2001 - 2019 JobsExcite.com - All Rights Reserved.