PTA - Physical Therapist Assistant
Job #: PTAbhmAL34616c
A career with Brookdale Healthcare Services has never been so rewarding! Brookdale Home Health is ranked among the Top Ten largest home heath companies in the country. Many of our agencies carry a five-star rating and are recognized by Decision Health as Home Care Elite agencies. We own and operate more than 80+ agencies nationwide, serving approximately 17,000 patients throughout our Brookdale Home Health Division.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
Brookdale Healthcare Services is looking for a Physical Therapist Assistant to provide therapy services in the Birmingham area. Join a dynamic team of health care providers focused on health, wellness and prevention for all our patients.
* Provide and direct physical therapy services to patients by assisting in the assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation
* Work in accordance with physicians'' orders and adhere to applicable principles and practices of physical therapy, Brookdale policies/procedures, and state regulations
* Under the direction of a licensed physical therapist, assist in the screenings of patients, deliver treatment and appropriately document progress
* Assist with selecting Physical Therapy techniques and sequence of activities, and adapting such techniques as indicated by patient performance
* Help develop appropriate home or community programming to support the patient''s continued recovery in his or her own environment
Required skills and qualifications:
* Associate''s degree from an acredited Physical Therapy Assistant program
* Completion of the state exam
* Physical therapy assistant license in the state of practice
* One year physical therapy experience
* Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Questions? Please contact Katie (615) 427-3531 or Kball3@Brookdale.com
If you''re a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.