COMPANY OVERVIEW: A leader in the shell and tube heat exchanger industry.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Buyer
COMPENSATION: $60K - $70K base salary
BENEFITS: Standard package
LOCATION: Houston, TX
SUMMARY: The selected candidate will join a growing organization as a member of the purchasing team.
DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute purchase orders for fabrication jobs, welding supplies, stock, office, maintenance, repair and operations materials through a process of inquiry, bid evaluation and purchase order award
• Communicate with Sales, Engineering, Production and Quality to insure up to date information on material selection, availability and cost to ensure project is within the budget and timeframe negotiated
• Computer experience with a good working knowledge of MS Office products
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5 years procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Highly motivated, results oriented and a self-starter to perform in a team environment.
• Thorough and detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills and abilities.
• Ability to correctly choose between competing priorities and to successfully manage multiple projects is also necessary.
• The candidate should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with customers both in person and over the phone.
***PLEASE NOTE: We try to respond to everyone who applies for our jobs, but in periods of high activity it may not be possible. We hope we can personally help you find your new job and wish you success in your job search. For more information please email Deborah Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.