Brookdale University Park SNF 501 University Park Drive Birmingham, AL 35209
Job #: BSL4245
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Assist in planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and directing the overall operation of the Social Services department
* Operate in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and established company policies and procedures to ensure that the medical-related emotional and social needs of the residents are met and maintained on an individual basis
* Provide consultation to members of the facility, community agencies, etc. in an effort to solve the needs and problems of the residents through the development of social service programs
* Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing quality assurance program for the social services department
* Completes all necessary forms, reports, etc. and submits to Director as required. Ensures that all charted progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and documents resident responses to services provided
Required skills and qualifications:
* Master''s Degree in Social Work or in a human services field, including but not limited to sociology, special
education, rehabilitation counseling, and psychology
* Previous experience in a health care setting working
directly with individuals
* Must be a member in good standing in the National Association of Social Workers and Academy of Certified
Social Workers, Inc
If you''re a Brookdale associate, please consider
referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid
time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are
eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.