Items in Job Cart:
Compare Cost of Living
How would you rate your online job search experience?
To apply directly to this job, please click on the Apply button. To apply later, click on the Add to Cart button.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Industrial Services company servicing the Midstream and Downstream industry.
POSITION TITLE: Operations Manager
COMPENSATION: $120k base + bonus
BENEFITS: Standard package + 401K
LOCATION: Houston, TX
SUMMARY: The scope of the Operations Manager position is planning, scheduling, organizing, and managing the over-all shop and field operations. Direction of day to day activities relating to production and equipment in the fabrication shop and all field operations on projects as necessary to the Industrial Services Division. This position will serve as the technical brain trust for the company in all aspects; primarily in the piping and fabrication realms as we discuss details with our existing and new customers.
DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise and coordinate all activities of the fabrication shop and operations in the field. Responsible for being the technical brain trust for the company in all aspects of the Operations realm and having these detailed discussions with our customer base. Plus, be willing to work with sales and go to client meetings as needed.
• Responsible for performing the planning and schedule, budgeting and safety of all assigned work being directed.
• Foster a climate of continuous improvement in safety, production, personnel relations, equipment, maintenance, and plant efficiency.
• Directly supervise... View Full Description fabrication employees in work tasks to verify and ensure conformance to specifications, drawings, procedures, and quality, schedule, personnel and budget.
• Interpret company policy to workers and enforces safety and environmental regulations.
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, sketches and work orders to employees.
• Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of customer product.
• Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of workers.
• Assist workers in solving work problems.
• Maintain time and production records of all employees.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
• Hire, train, reward and discipline employees as necessary.
• Address complaints and resolve them.
• Planning and preparing a fabrication shop schedule of all known and anticipated work, based on staffing and material resources. Also, planning and preparing a schedule for all operations field work as necessary to projects.
• Layout mild steel and stainless steel heavy and light structure, frames, skids, piping, tanks, vessels and other projects for fabrication.
• Review drawings and specifications to assure compliance with design, safety and testing requirements.
• Evaluate the project material to coordinate receipt and staging of materials purchased for each project.
• Monitor and support all shop projects maintaining high quality, on time delivery, safety, and staying within budget.
• Provide safety, equipment operation and procedural training to fabrication shop staff, as needed.
• Maintain a productive, efficient, and safe workplace through implementing common sense practices, sound judgment, and proactive measures.
• Timely and effective resolution of design issues.
• Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Understanding and adhering to the defined scope of work.
• Timely and effectively resolving problems and documenting the issues in an organized and detailed manner.
• Following Company procedures regarding material procurement and return; preplanning equipment and material needs.
• Accurate and prompt submission of time worked against the proper project job number and communicating with the general manager to ensure accurate project cost tracking.
• Must be able to accomplish fabrication shop work in an efficient manner.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5-10 years of experience as a supervisor of (10) or more fabricators.
• 5-10 years of HANDS-ON experience in the layout, fitting, and welding of structural steel, pipe, plate and sheet metal.
• Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and schematics, plan and schedule work utilizing Microsoft projects or other similar scheduling software.
• Experienced in QA/QC programs and procedures.
• Expert level knowledge of all welding methods, procedures, and quality control.
• Working knowledge of all tools and equipment i.e. overhead cranes, saws, iron workers, shears, breaks, welding equipment and procedures, etc.
• Knowledge of design principles, AMSE/API codes, and safety standards.
• The ability to communicate and work effectively with managers, field personnel, customers, and employees.
***PLEASE NOTE: We try to respond to everyone who applies for our jobs, but in periods of high activity it may not be possible. We hope we can personally help you find your new job and wish you success in your job search. For more information please email Deborah Anderson at email@example.com.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Plan
Thursday - Oct. 17, 2019
© 2001 - 2019 JobsExcite.com - All Rights Reserved.