Brookdale University Park SNF 501 University Park Drive Birmingham, AL 35209
Job #: OTbhmsnfAL39216
Questions? Please contact Erin Graham at 919-830-0156 or Erin.Graham@Brookdale.com.
A career with Brookdale has never been so rewarding! Brookdale''s Skilled Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Communities offer an atmosphere that feels more like a family than just a job. With locations throughout the country, we have the opportunity to enrich thousands of lives every day. We are a trusted partner because we truly listen to the needs and wishes of our residents and their families, then customize a solution that puts that life within reach. We help residents recover with dignity, while receiving compassionate care, personal attention and professional services. As with all other Brookdale solutions, those who serve our residents in skilled nursing and rehabilitation environments do so because it is their calling to serve others with passion, courage and true sense of partnership.
Brookdale. Bringing new life to senior living.
* Provides and directs Occupational Therapy services to patients including screening, assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation
* Establishes individual patient plan of care to optimally address patient-specific goals and to comply with service delivery parameters in accordance with the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Manual, Managed Care Contract or other guidelines specific to long term care
* Coordinates treatment plan with patient, family and other team members
* Accesses the patient''s record and records results of screenings, physician orders, discharge summaries and other information as required in the Community''s electronic medical record system
* Develops appropriate home program to maintain and enhance the performance of the patient in his/her own environment. Participates in discharge planning
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program required
* Previous occupational therapy experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Successful completion of the National Certification Examination for Registered Occupational Therapist
* State license in practicing state
If you''re a Brookdale associate, please consider
referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid
time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are
eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.