Items in Job Cart:
Compare Cost of Living
How would you rate your online job search experience?
Business Development Director/ General Manager
To apply directly to this job, please click on the Apply button. To apply later, click on the Add to Cart button.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: A specialist in customized NDT for integrated and in-service applications for the nuclear and oil & gas industries.
POSITION TITLE: Business Development Director/ General Manager
COMPENSATION: $150K - $180K base salary + commission
BENEFITS: Standard package
LOCATION: Houston, TX
DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities for the Oil & Gas Industry
• Directly oversee the team in the Houston office including consultants and sales support personnel.
• Investigates all work inquiries in a timely fashion, evaluates potential and determines appropriate assignment.
• Secures involvement of other Company personnel to assist in sales. Assists in formulating overall marketing and sales strategy, and implements adopted strategy.
• Directs the activities of the branch personnel, and involves other Company personnel by developing specific strategies to secure business.
• Maintains liaison and cooperation with other Company subsidiaries to maximize opportunities and profitability for the organization.
• Implements terms and conditions with customers and suppliers consistent with Company policy and risk management practices. Oversees customer contract and vendor subcontract administration, changes and claims.
• Monitors and coordinates administration of contract details, design changes, technical considerations, invoicing, claims due to changes or additions to contract, all on a timely basis.
• Makes personal calls on, and develops business relationships with, key customer personnel for the purpose of demonstrating the benefits of utilizing Company''s services and expertise, and for securement of orders for same. Prepares sales call reports and distributes to appropriate Company personnel.
• Entertains customers personally and by assignment to others, as deemed beneficial.
• Oversees field construction activities and policies. Confers with Project Manager and Construction Manager during course of job and maintains availability to discuss complicated or unusual jobs.
• Ensures all safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
• Provides vision, leadership and oversight in the areas of safety and accident prevention by adhering to, promulgating, and enforcing safety policies and procedures.
• Presides over the Branch Safety Committee and involves all Branch personnel in efforts to accomplish safety objectives adopted by Company management and Safety Committee.
• Participates in jobsite safety audits. Assists Safety Specialist in incident/accident investigations.
• Oversees, monitors and insures timely project billings. Monitors cash requirements of Branch operation and maintains liaison with Company accounting. Oversees the accounts receivable function and delegates responsibility for follow-up and collection. Arranges for customer contact for overdue payments.
• Prepares annual budget for income and expense and monitors progress on a current basis.
• Directs attention to all items involving costs to insure the highest degree of profitability for Branch operations. Reviews and approves major overhead cost expenditures; evaluates and recommends/approves capital (fixed asset) expenditures in accordance with established authorization level procedures.
• Conducts routine meetings with Branch staff to discuss and assess status of jobsite safety, billings, accounts receivable follow-up, estimates in progress, proposal follow-up, sales activities, jobs in progress, warehouse activities, field activities, and overall Branch operations.
• Oversees activities of all staff employees. Assigns tasks to most effective level.
• Reviews employee performance by utilizing established rating system at least once per annum. Assists in efforts to provide training and growth opportunities for subordinates.
• Interviews selected candidates for position vacancies and evaluates candidates for suitability for employment in accordance with employment policies.
• Reviews employees'' requests for vacation and approves schedule.
• Reviews and approves expense reports of subordinates.
• Together with supervisor, establishes short term Branch objectives and coordinates efforts of Branch personnel to accomplish same.
• Participates in formal or informal planning efforts directed toward long term planning. Regularly engages in efforts to direct activities to support implementation of plans. Monitors progress toward plan implementation and takes corrective action, as required, to ensure implementation.
• Researches publications for industry news and planned projects.
• Maintains a working knowledge of products, services, applications, equipment and new technologies in order to reduce cost through efficiencies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years of people management experience.
• 10+ years NDT or inspection sales experience.
• Must have engineering degree and strong technical background in Non-Destructive Testing.
• Strong contacts with asset owners and inspection companies.
• Knowledge of the NDT inspection business.
• Very strong communication skills, written and verbal.
• Hands-on person. Capable of preparing complex proposals with minimum support.
***PLEASE NOTE: We try to respond to everyone who applies for our jobs, but in periods of high activity it may not be possible. We hope we can personally help you find your new job and wish you success in your job search. For more information please email Hazel Kassu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401(k), Bonus Plan
Monday - Aug. 19, 2019
© 2001 - 2019 JobsExcite.com - All Rights Reserved.