Items in Job Cart:
Compare Cost of Living
How would you rate your online job search experience?
Health and Wellness Director - $5,000 Sign On Bonus
To apply directly to this job, please click on the Apply button. To apply later, click on the Add to Cart button.
Full Time Nurse Healthcare Manager LVN
Brookdale Clearlake 14789 Burns Valley Rd Clearlake, CA 95422
Job #: HWDWclearCA66233436c
. Bringing new life to senior living.
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of the community to ensure resident''s healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as resident''s healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides leadership as well as coaching to licensed nurses and other direct care staff within the community.
* Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based licensed, certified and non-certified clinical associates.
* Assigns and directs work of subordinates; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
* Provides training and education to resident care associates on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services, and situation-specific training
* Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews documentation performed by care giving staff
* As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses health, oversee medication administration, functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident, evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the resident''s opportunity to remain in their environment
* Manages the health care of residents, including the dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures that family members are aware of resident''s need for scheduled appointments
* Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments, service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as required by policy and as described/allowed in Nurse Practice Actor state regulation
* Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with resident families with the intent of returning resident to Brookdale
* Evaluates residents; documents changes in condition, and notifies executive director, physician, and resident''s legally responsible party/family of resident''s condition and reactions
* Communicates with physicians regarding residents'' status and condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician appointments, and visits
* Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare- related services
* Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as needed
* Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through
* Participates in department quality improvement activities
* Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to reduce the occurrence of Workers'' Compensation claims by appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and involving therapy services as indicated
* Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as required
Required skills and qualifications:
* Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LVN).
* Preferred a minimum of 3 years clinical leadership experience.
* Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic documentation
* LVN license required
Brookdale is the largest senior living solutions company in the country, with 1,000+ communities in 46 states serving 110,000 residents around the country. That translates to lots of career opportunities for you! We offer independent living, assisted living, Memory Care, skilled nursing, continuing care retirement, in-house therapy, hospice, home health, and personalized living.
If you''re a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Questions? Please contact Mechelle Porter at
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Friday - Apr. 19, 2019
© 2001 - 2019 JobsExcite.com - All Rights Reserved.