Items in Job Cart:
Compare Cost of Living
How would you rate your online job search experience?
Accounting Assistant - Corporate
To apply directly to this job, please click on the Apply button. To apply later, click on the Add to Cart button.
Brookdale Senior Living - 6737 W. Washington St. Suite 2300 Milwaukee, WI 53214
Job #: AACOmkeWI401237b
. Bringing new life to senior living.
Responsible for providing accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
* Perform daily cash module process
- Research daily cash transactions and enter General Ledger (GL) account information into PeopleSoft (PS).
- Obtain account codes from the Treasury or Tax department.
- Analyze various situations/transactions to determine appropriate GL coding.
- Identify repetitive transactions to allow for automation.
- Updating procedures to maintain current documentation.
- Keep backlog of transactions to a manageable level to allow for timely closing of the month.
* Assist the accounting team with month-end closing tasks. Enter or uploads journal entries into PS. This includes a basic understanding of what these journal entries are recording to allow for any resolution of errors.
* Unclaimed Property
- Identify any unclaimed (abandoned) property the states currently hold that is due to Brookdale or its affiliates by reviewing state websites.
- Work directly with states to identify steps need to formally claim checks due.
- Work with the Tax, Legal or other departments as needed to gain access to documents needed by the states to show ownership rights to the check.
- Send in all paperwork as needed to the states.
- Keep organized logs of what claims have been submitted, where each state claim is in the process and which checks have been received.
* Contribute to the team effort by personally assisting with routing department tasks/activities as needed.
Required skills and qualifications:
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; t
wo year associates degree in accounting or equivalent experience is definitely preferred
* Has extensive organizational skills. Demonstrates extreme attention to detail
Can follow written or verbal instructions
* Has basic technical accounting skills and experience in booking journal entries
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
* Knowledge in ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft
* Effective oral and written communication skills
If you''re a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Monday - May. 27, 2019
© 2001 - 2019 JobsExcite.com - All Rights Reserved.