Items in Job Cart:
Compare Cost of Living
How would you rate your online job search experience?
To apply directly to this job, please click on the Apply button. To apply later, click on the Add to Cart button.
Brookdale Senior Living - 6737 W. Washington St. Suite 2300 Milwaukee, WI 53214
Job #: ACTCOmkeWI461415
. Bringing new life to senior living.
Supports Brookdale''s operations and corporate management in obtaining financial success by planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the financial activities, including payroll.
* Maintain the integrity of the general ledger by applying generally accepted accounting principles to all transactions
* Complete balance sheet account reconciliations and bank account reconciliations by the established due dates. Research and resolve reconciling items in a timely manner
* Review cost center and chart of account structures. Make recommendations as to cost center/account structure that will identify the nature of expenses to their proper area; assist in controlling annual expenditures and streamline the data processing support required during month-end
* Prepare, verify, and control the entering of journal entries to the general ledger
* Evaluate subsidiary journals for obvious errors and omissions and enter corrected data into the general ledger, i.e., enter monthly journal entries, execute monthly closing entries, execute month-end general ledger (by cost center and by natural account)
* Review monthly balance sheet and profit-and-loss statements for accuracy
* Assist in coordinating monthly closing and production of statements to guarantee timely reporting
* Review, redesign, and enhance the on-line financial statements to ensure that the information reported properly reflects the company''s financial position
* Assist in reviewing and updating monthly closing procedures
* Review supporting subsidiary schedules to ensure that the company''s accounting practices are being maintained, i.e., insurance, fixed assets, amortization of prepaid; makes recommendations
* Ensure all processes are appropriately documented and assist in the on-going documentation of accounting policies and procedures
* Prepare audit schedules and respond to auditor requests during financial audits, SOX audits or any other audit
* Monitor and track cash outflows. Provide necessary updates to management
* Interact with field personnel. Provide exceptional customer service in explaining and responding to questions regarding monthly operating activity, investigating variances, providing detail of charges and booking re-class entries
* Correspond with third party financial institutions and regulatory bodies
Required skills and qualifications:
* Bachelor''s degree (B. A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university is required, major in accounting is preferred
* Zero to three years related experience and/or training
If you''re a Brookdale associate, please consider referring someone through the Good People Program!
Brookdale is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
Brookdale offers a number of benefits to full-time associates including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, educational reimbursement. All associates, age 21 and older, are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Monday - May. 27, 2019
© 2001 - 2019 JobsExcite.com - All Rights Reserved.